Friday, June 22, 2007

Mundane

1. I want a deep embrace; a big hug, so to speak.
tang o tulani.

2. Today I asked my "supervisor" if there is a dress code. He answered:
The way you are is perfect.
He has a way of putting the most mundane things in sentences that touch your heart.

3. I read half of Golestaan e Sa'di last night. I wanted to find a story that Amoo Shari had read to me this last time I went home. Then I just read one more, and then another....he writes incredibly well. Even with all his close mindedness and blind absolutism, he is a wise man.
But is that even possible?
I always struggle with him.I like to take comfort in his wisdom, but it's impossible. He leaves me with the the scary realization that there is no absolute wisdom. No baba to run to and be safe. Even the man who is sounding so wise, is not all that.
To learn to look at this world more realistically,I suggest one should read Golestaan!

No comments: