Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nocturnal: Zolf bar baad - Mohsen Namjoo


Now, I have to be sleeping, but I can't seem to be able to.
Walking from the bus station today, I felt alive, loved, relaxed. I listened to "Zolf Bar Baad" by Namjoo. Maybe, one of HAfiz's most beautiful love poems, with great music and his unique voice. He really made that poem come to life in a deep way.
The poem is interesting. It's limiting the beloved and setting her free at the same time:
Yaar e bigaane masho ta nabari az khiiiiiiiisham,
Gham e aghyaar makhor ta nakoni nashaadam
Zolf ra halghle makon ta nakoni dar bandam
Torre ra Taab nade ta nadahi bar baadam
.....
Rokh bar afrooz, ke faaregh koni az barg e golam
Ghad barafraaz ke az sarv koni azaadam....

And then it comes...
.
Hafez az jor e to HAASHAA ke begardaanad rooy
MAN AZ AAN RUZ KE DAR BAND E TOAM AAZAADAM.....
....
That. That is just it. No one ever needs to say more than that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my friend, i love this song of Namjoo.
it is so beautiful. it is by far the best musical piece i have experienced this year. specially that line:
man az an ruz ke dar bande toam azadam

with a thousand meanings, it haunts me.
nice to know someone else in the world feels the same.

F.

PS, if you wish to reply to me, then by all means: faran49@gmail.com