Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On my mind

1. I am angry.
I was worried I had forgotten how to be and act angry. It's still very painful for me to be upset at people; don't like it at all. However, recently, I find myself screaming when I read the news, blogs and when I think about what is happening around me. I can't seem to decide if it's becoming worse by the day or I'm just becoming aware of it now. What is happening is horrible, upsetting, painful and UNFAIR. I LOATH those who knowingly do wrong when what they do affects so many people's lives. Their personal lives, their basic rights to happiness. (gooeyaa baavar nemidaarand rooz e daavari...)
And I raise my hat to those who speak their minds when it can cost them much more than I can even fathom.

2. Rocio thought my Persian accent when speaking English was minimal. She didn't think it was good though. To her, it signaled some sort of lack of character. Her thick, cute, Argentinean accent made her who she was. She would say "could" instead of "would", and mixed her b's and v's. She wanted to be that way. She has a rough personality. Most people don't like her. She speaks her mind and is rude a lot of times, but she has a kind heart. She has a warm, rich personality if she likes you. She is a bit condescending when it comes to accepting people's intelligence levels. She is prejudiced and a big time nationalist, and somewhat of a racist; and she's proud of it. She has a lot of what in Persian we call "Daafe'e". (something that would push people away).
she thought I didn't. She thought I was "too nice". I felt bad about my English and my niceness around her. Maybe she just didn't know a better word, and that's why she used "nice". To this day, I feel like I want to defend my personality when I think of her. I want to tell her she doesn't know the nuances of my personality. I don't like the word "nice". that's it.

Vafaa konim o malamat keshim o khosh baashim,
ke dar tarighat e maa kaafarist ranjidan.
...

Na har ke chehreh barafrookht delbari daanad
Na har ke aayneh saazad sekandari daanad
Na har ke tarf e kolah kaj nahaad o tond neshast
Kolaah daari o aayeen e sarvari daanad
Hezaar nokteye barik tar ze moo injaast
na har ke sar betaraashad ghalandari daanad
Vafaa o ahd nekoo baashad ar biaamoozi
Vagarna har ke to bini setamgari daanad

No comments: