Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bay To Breakers!

Today was Bay To Breakers day! A big day in San Francisco..
It was fun. Not to be philosophical or negative, but I constantly felt like nothing more than an observer. Somehow it reminded me of the days I was in a dorm in Berkeley. I had the same exact feeling when we went to "house" parties, or even barhopping. It was the same nerdy-uncomfortable feeling of "I can't do these things" (like I'm too serious for it). The funny thing is that I'm really not. I can be a clown, but not as often or as easily as I'd have liked to. I think Afshean (one of my friends) had the same feeling. He kept telling me that it's not in our culture to let go, but we all need one day to be "all out".
I had a fun day, but there is this heavy thing in my heart that I cannot not write. It really was not that bad, but anyway. I was standing at a corner with another friend (female). A very drunk guy walked by, and all of a sudden, he spanked me and grabbed my ass. Just like that, in the middle of San Francisco.. I felt SO VIOLATED, I can't begin to explain it. There is no point in explaining it anyway. He had done the same thing to my friend apparently. I was speechless. All I could do was to stare at him with eyes that had something like anger in them. He thought he was being very cute. He wasn't. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I mean, he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing. But it felt horrible. I'm a bit sensitive these days anyway, and I really felt like crying; but of course, I didn't.
It just was bad on many levels. I felt like someone hit me for no reason, and they touched me inappropriately..
Anyway..it was fun besides that. I walked for the entire day, observed democracy fail on a local level(friends)..and had some bad food and good tea.

Now I'm back to my place; with my Hafiz on my bed, and my book ready to be devoured!

Hafiz ( as well as political propaganda) of the day:(some horrible translation, of course)

These days, more bitter than poison, will pass, and again, sugar sweet days will arrive...

No comments: