Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Book affairs..

These days, I'm in a poly-amorous relationship with my books. I pick one, become infatuated with it for a short period (dating period) only to find another one to jump to. I have not read a book cover to cover-without interruption- for months now.
BUT, I have enjoyed a variety of great writing! Parallel relationships per se.
Relationships with variety AND quality; now, that's not always easy to find.

I may be jumping from one book to the other. But, there is one that is there to stay, and has been my "sogoli" all along. That, is the old Hafiz book I've had since I was 5 or 6. My very own old and shabby Hafiz.

You know, he is the man I wanted to marry when I was 5. (yes, yes, I was crazy and had strange taste in men even then).

Unrealistic love, maybe, but what can I do? He has said it perfectly himself:

Az hamcho to deldaari, del barnakanam, aari
chon taab kesham baari, zaan zolf e betaab Olaa

No comments: