Friday, May 18, 2007

Update..Kaveh's attention

Baradar jan,
I am reading a book that I think you would like. It's beautifully written, and it gives you a very broad taste of a country that we don't know much about: Spain. I came across it very accidentally. Leeza was reading it, and I just picked it up to see what it was. It's irresistible. For someone like me who is not a big fan of historical books, this one is something different. It's not just history. It's everything. It's called "The New Spaniards". I also have a number of attractive books in my cue. (To name a few: Atonement, I, etc., ).
I discovered some new Music too. (Well, other than Namjoo who is still rocking my world). AND, I did net-flix those two movies; will watch them soon and report.

Inside me, there is a volcano. "man khamoosham o oo dar faghaan o dar ghoghaast"...You know how that goes. I think I may be too involved in my psychological development for my own good. Sometimes I feel like I live inside myself, analyze and study all the time. My brain needs to take it easy; But, I sense that some wonderful realizations are coming my way.

I miss home, and you, and the opportunity to talk freely about everything with you. It sucks that you are not here. In fact, I have a mini-you in my head with whom I talk about new shit that comes up! (Or through whose eyes I see and interpret what happens areound me). I have a mini-amoo shari for whom I read poetry out loud at nights; a mini-baba with whom I make jokes about "Afshin Peyrovani". A mini maman to whom I talk and justify my thoughts or emotions. Sometimes, when we talk on the phone, I feel sad that we are out of context of each others' lives. I mean, we both know enough, but then are too removed to be able to see the subtleties. You know what I mean?
In any case, you are part of my everyday routines, somehow. The other day, I was at Poopak's for a dosage of twin therapy!! I was looking at Holden, and all of a sudden I imagined how you would react to seeing him. With your somewhat clumsy half-smile and your gij way of dealing with kids; doing beeb beeb to his nose or something; just like myself.

Anyhow, I want to keep learning and feel better. I want to become the person I have always wanted to be. I know you do too; but somehow, the inertia and KG thing make me not go forward as fast or as much as I'd like to. I think you are in the same predicament; but at least you have your job. Hopefully, I will too. Actually, I have always envied your sense of self reliance, or at least the appearance of it that you carry around; you come across as being much less dependent on others; or perhaps it's my skewed imagination of how men feel? I don't know..I'm trying to be more like you in this respect anyway.
You know what I miss? Torkan Loo sense of humor on your side, and sharing New Yorker cartoons with you on mine.

oh, and I will give two CD's to Agha Pat to bring for you. Arash's and all the Namjoo songs I have. I'm glad you, too, like Namjoo!!!

kisses,
garne

1 comment:

Dani California said...

I feel as though I am intruding on you and Kaveh's personal space by commenting on this post, but I have to say that this was a most touching, beautifully-written post. It makes me want to call my sister right now! Distance sucks, but you guys are very lucky to have each other, and I'm so glad that you do...