Saturday, April 7, 2007

critical?

It hurts when someone criticises you for something, and you know they are right. It cuts painfully all the way in. I just had one of those moments this morning. I'm impressed by the person for having observed such a subtle point in my personality. Upon second thought, this may very well be something I have to address very soon..and it may even be very liberating and life changing for me once I do that.
Of the people I love, there are very few that somehow bring bad parts of my personality out. Maybe because they touch parts of my soul that is weak and vulnerable..next to them, I sometimes become vicious. I had noticed that for a while. Today, I had someone tell me just this. How do I go about changing this now? I am full of the will for it..
Maybe, after all, a friend is someone who tells you such a thing knowing it would hurt; just maybe.

1 comment:

Dani California said...

It's partly because you wear your heart on your sleeve, which isn't a bad thing...