Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fascinating..

is the moment when you wake up. It probably is less than a minute, when reality comes back to you in "pieces". It's like an unstoppable train, going fast and careless:
First, you locate yourself geographically: oh, I'm in my bed, my apartment, America.. Then comes emotional location: oh, that was last night, oh I am this person who feels such and such for this person and that person, and oh, I'm alone (or not)..oh, existential crisis? another day you want to end?
Then, you come to your senses: no no, skip those thoughts..oh..farid is dead. whatever, forget that, run to get the news with a bowl of cereal. surrender to the beauty of routine. Have to do work, good, I'm useful; and even novelties..I have this amazing cd I can listen to (now radio or cd? have to choose), oh, exciting!
I'm happy. this is today.
All this, in such little time...fascinating.

No comments: