Sunday, April 15, 2007

Reiner

You know who I'd like to be like?? Reiner. Yes, Reiner, the 60 something man in our extended family. He may very well be the most "positive" person I have met. When you ask how he is, he says "GREAT" in such a genuine tone, you really wonder what makes him this happy. (OK, and yes, he looks cute and cuddly too, and seems to be kind as well)
..and I can't accept that he's not smart enough to have thought about existential questions. I'm sure he has. He's just managed to stay balanced. I don't think he will ever know this (let's hope he won't!!), but he really is an example I'd like to follow. A man with a big, honest smile, and yes, some German accent to top it off...

Once this pain, this damn real pain, goes away, I aspire to be like Reiner. I think I will, because some where deep in me, there is this sensation that, as if from underneath a bunch of comforters(!!), peaks its head out and sings:

Falak raa saghf beshkaafim o tarhi no dar andaazim...

3 comments:

Dani California said...

I think you WILL be like him!

P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It might help you to know that he makes a point to have the attitude that he has. So, you are on the right track.