Thursday, April 12, 2007

One Beyt, or more

Maman gorgani liked this line a great deal, and recited it very beautifully:
"Gofte budam cho biayee, gham e del ba to begooyam
Che begooyam ke gham az del beravad chon to biayee"
"I had planned to talk about my sorrows with you when you come..but what can I do? sorrow leaves my heart once you arrive..."

I was like that with her. The funny thing is, I'm like that with her memory too. The thought of her puts a smile on my face!
lucky me...
and this is to her memory: To kamaan gerefte o dar kamin...

or no, even better, the sexy cheesy poem she learned when she was about 80!:

"Shenide am ke dahi boose o setaani jan
Bia, bede, besetan, khatm kon moamele ra"...
"I have heard that you give kisses and take lives.. come, give, take, and do away with the deal!!!"

Come, give, take...

No comments: